Keto Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken is by far my favorite overall food so as I publish each volume you will see some awesome chicken dishes I’ve stumbled upon. This pot pie has 297 calories per serving. 18g of fat, 2.6g of net carbs, and 12g of protein…
- ¼ teaspoon of Xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 ½ cups of diced cooked chicken
- ½ cup of mixed veggies or broccoli
- ¼ teaspoon of rosemary
- Thyme (pinch)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- ¼ pink salt ¼ pepper
- ¼ diced onion
- 4 ½ tablespoons melted butter and cooled
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (full fat)
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup of shredded cheddar or mozzarella
- Cook 1 to 1 1/2 lbs chicken in the slow cooker for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sautee onion, mixed veggies, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper in 2 tablespoons butter in an oven safe skillet for approx 5 min or until onions are translucent.
- Add heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, poultry seasoning, thyme, and rosemary.
- Sprinkle Xanthan Gum on top and simmer for 5 minutes so that the sauce thickens. Make sure to simmer covered as the liquid will evaporate otherwise. You need a lot of liquid for this recipe, otherwise, it will be dry.
- Add diced chicken.
- Make the breading by combining melted butter (I cool mine by popping the bowl in the fridge for 5 min), eggs, salt, and sour cream in a bowl then whisk together.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder to the mixture and stir until combined and stir in cheese.
- Drop batter by dollops on top of the chicken pot pie. Do not spread it out, as the coconut flour will absorb too much of the liquid.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 min.
- Set oven to broil and move chicken pot pie to top shelf. Broil for 1-2 minutes until bread topping is nicely browned.