I know what you’re thinking.. “How can this be keto when honey is so not keto?” I used to think the same thing but don’t worry we will get to that in a few. What you need to know right now is this recipe is not only slow cooked in the crock pot but it is very much keto.
I’m a creature of habit. I love my weekend sports, beer, and my chicken wings. I’ve swapped beer for hard seltzer since that is more keto. This past weekend my Phillies were on TV as well as some big MMA fights both Friday and Saturday night. It was the perfect opportunity to go ham on some keto wings. Let’s get right to it..
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 to 5 hours
- 3 pounds of chicken wings (sectional pieces both drums and flats)
- 1 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup of Nature’s Hollow Sugar-Free Honey Substitute
- 1/2 cup of G Hughes sugar free BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 minced glove of garlic
- 2 lemon slices
Slow Cooker Directions
- Clean and rinse your chicken (make sure to pat dry).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken.
- Broil the wings for about 10 minutes (turn the wings half way through).
- Place the broiled wings in the slow cooker.
- Combine the honey substitute, bbq sauce, mustard and garlic in a bowl. Mix and pour over the wings.
- Top with the lemon slices and cook on low for about 4 to 5 hrs.
- Remove rest and serve.
*I like to put mine back in the oven just to crisp them up because I don’t like my wings in a ton of sauce, but that is up to you.
Related Article: Baked Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
These came out great so I hope you enjoyed this article and your wings.
Keto on my fellow Keto goers
Honey Mustard wings are great but I have never made them in a crock pot I may try it though .
It was my first time making them and for my first time they were very good. I still like hot and bbq better tho
This looks so yummy and I will have to try out the recipe 🙂