I was born and raised in South Jersey 15 minutes from Philly so when someone says “Philly Cheesesteak” I’m all about that!!! This breakfast has 445 calories per serving. 32g of fat, 2g of carbs, and 28g of protein…
- 4 almost zero carb wraps
- 8oz of left over steak, thinly sliced roast beef but if you really want to be philly authentic then I would use thinly sliced ribeye.
- 1oz medium green pepper. (yes I know there aren’t peppers in a real philly chees steak.
- ½ oz button mushrooms
- 1 onion sliced the way you want
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Stand the green bell pepper up on it’s end and slice off the 4 flat sides, then the bottom.
- Slice the pepper into thin strips. Slice the onion half into half rounds about 1/4 inch thick.
- Put the butter into the pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Put the onions into the pan and sautee for 1-2 minutes until beginning to soften. Add the mushrooms and stir them around the pan to coat them with the butter.
- Let them cook for 2 minutes on one side, then stir them around the pan. Add the peppers, mixing thoroughly. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and add the steak or roast beef and Worcestershire sauce – off heat , then stir to heat through. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the Philly steak mixture from the pan.
- Add two wraps to the pan so they reach to the edge and slightly overlap in the center.
- Add 1/4 of the cheese steak mixture to each wrap and top each with a slice of cheese.
- Cover with a lid or foil for 1 minute. If the cheese hasn’t melted, drizzle 1 tablespoon of water into the pan and cover to steam for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Fold them over and serve. Repeat the procedure with the other two wraps and remaining ingredients
I’m going to try this! Looks wonderful